woensdag 24 december 2014

art journal *Shimmerz*

After seeing all the gorgeous art journal pages I decided to give it a go too.
Don't have anything to show you yet but next year I will try to make some pages.
Made the front cover of this A4 journal with lots and lots of Shimmerz!! 

A used my favorite technique to start with:
Glueing paper kitchen towel on the journal with gesso.
Embellished with lots of flowers, dew drops, beads, buttons, metal pieces and a metal frame.
Spraying and painting with all the colors and added some water to let them run.
And the last step: a coat with gesso for the finishing touch.

For this journal I used the following colors:
Coloringz: No yoking
Spritz: Bed of Roses
Spritz: Plum Pudding
Vibez: Princess
Vibez: Jeni B Blue
Blingz: Flashee Fushia
Shimmerz: Sunny
Shimmerz: Magenta
Shimmerz: Key Lime
Shimmerz: Coffee

Here are some close-ups:
Some chipboard letters.

Some dew drops as an extra element.

Using up some flowers from my stash.

Added some small pearls for extra texture.

This gorgeous metal frame was found at a local flea market.

Chipboard letters from Imaginarium Design.

An extra touch with gesso using a sponge.

Randomly splattered some paint.

I love the way the light touch of gesso shows the cracks of the paper towel.





Enjoy your day!
Ingrid xxx


10 opmerkingen:

  1. Wauw, die kleuren! Jij bent echt een ster in mixed media! Dit ziet er super uit!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Really pretty! I look forward to being inspired by your journal pages! merry Christmas!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. This is so beautiful. I have to try using paper towels now. The colors on this is so stunning. Can't wait to peek inside.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. This is so gorgeous, thank you for sharing. I have yet to break mine open and fill a page but I will in the New Year, I hope it turns out as pretty as yous.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Just gorgeous and very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Oh my gosh, how gorgeous and elegant. Thanks for sharing!! Happy New Year.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wow! Thank you for the close-ups pictures and detail explanation. This journal cover is beautiful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Semplicemente meraviglioso! Complimenti. Mi piace il tuoi blog, di piĆ¹ la copertina di questo art juornal.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen