zondag 15 juli 2012

beach layout with tutorial

Hi all!

With all the bad weather over here (lots of rain and cold), I just had to make a summer layout!
Photo is of me, taken at our last vacation to Greece.




Here is how I made the beach house.
*Pagoda Gazebo, DA0711
*glue
*white crackle medium
*brown ink
*rope
*dried weed
*craft knife
Pagoda Gazebo, DA0711

Paint the lower part of the house with the white crackle medium.

Ink the edges with some brown ink.

Make some scratches with a craft knife to get a more older look.

Start to glue down the weed strings at the top of the house.

Cover up all of the top.

Put some some rope at the top to hold it all together.

And this is the final result.
For my layout I added a little bit more weeds and made the shutters with small pieces of the rope.







Have a wonderful and sunny day!
Ingrid xxx

12 opmerkingen:

  1. Wauw, echt supergaaf! Wie hier geen zomergevoel van krijgt...:)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow! That is so amazing !! I love the beach hut and you look like you are in total bliss in that photo!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. HIHIHIHI, hij is geweldig!!
    Perfecte combi van kunst en humor!
    {als ik straks in Corfu zit, zal ik vast aan deze layout moeten denken! LOL}
    xxx, C

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. WHAT fun!!! This is totally adorable! Makes me wanna go out and buy that chippie right now if I could! Unfortunately none around my parts but I certainly will be keeping an eye out for it - great job :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Ingrid this is absolutely adorable! What a creative page, thanks so much for sharing that tutorial!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. HI INgrid - I'm so glad you found my blog because I love yours! I especially love your layouts with sprayed backgrounds - just gorgeous!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Hi Ingrid - I'm so glad you found my blog because I love yours! I especially love your layouts with the sprayed backgrounds - they're gorgeous!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. What a great artist you are my friend!!! this is so creative and beautiful!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. This is absolutely fantastic!! I'm just speechless!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. I spotted this one over at DA, WOW talk about thinking outside the boxes, this is awesome.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen